Friday, November 8, 2013

"FAN THE FLAME" FRIDAY - Ready


"Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

This is a weekly post that will be "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)

Just a word and a question (or few)…just a little something to
"fan the flame" of your creativity!

And, to further fan those faith-filled flames (try saying that 10 times in a row!) – I'm adding my favorite devotional from the week!


Today's word: ready

What does the word ready mean to you?

How can we make ourselves ready to face the enemy?

What must we do to be ready for the Lord's coming?

Why is it so important to be ready for all circumstances in the Christian walk of faith?


Let me know what you think!!


"Stay alert!  [Be ready!]  Watch out for your great enemy, the devil.  He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." 
(1 Peter 5:8, NLT)


"And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see." 
(1 Peter 1:5, NLT)

"You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected." (Matthew 24:44, NLT)

"They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good." (Titus 3:1, NLT)

"...you must worship Christ as Lord of your life.  And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." (1 Peter 3:15, NLT)

"Then Paul answered, 'Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die...for the name of the Lord Jesus.'" (Acts 21:13, NIV)




DEVOTIONAL OF THE WEEK:


Many people brood over the unknown.  In their uncertainty they fall prey to anxiety and tension.  For the Christian believer there is a glorious truth...We know that [Jesus] is with us right now, leading us through life.  He also went to prepare a place for us in God's heavenly Kingdom...We will be with the Lord forever...hold on to the promises of Jesus...


*Through faith I know that You live and that I too will live eternally with you.


"For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that He might be the Lord of both the living and the dead."  (Romans 14:9, NIV)


(Devotional from: "Grace for Each Moment" Compiled by Kylie Munger from devotionals by Solly Ozrovech, c. 2008, Christian Art Gifts, RSA)


"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you…For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:6-7)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

6 comments:

  1. You know when I was younger I was ready on time or before time. Now that I am older I am always a little bit late. I wonder what that says. But with God and being ready I try to be vigilant. Have a good weekend my friend. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! This is a very timely post for me. I need to start changing some habits I have and the more I put it off, the less ready I will be. My will is so strong, and I have to pray for the grace to get stronger in Spirit. If you feel like it, you could pray for me? I am just slacking off in exercise and eating right. Yuck.

    That quote from Paul just hit me too. I love that man, and to hear him say that the crying was breaking his heart was so touching. And yet, the point is he is ready to go. Ready anytime. Because the human sorrow of his leaving does not deter him from his path. What an incredible disciple.

    Thank you for a post that really hit me today. Am I ready? Not really. But I'm willing to work on getting there, and I think that makes all the difference.
    Have a happy weekend!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sharon, I would like to say I am ready, but think I will have to say I am still a work in progress. Have a good weekend. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ready, to be prepared. I think keeping ourselves in God's word is a great way to be ready for Him as well as to fight off the attacks of the enemy. Have a good weekend Sharon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Betty, ready makes me think of being prepared and no delay is required when it's time to take action. I'm still getting some things ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to hate being late but with my family, sometimes getting out the door can take forever. :) But being prepared and ready for whatever He wants....is what I desire. Hope your Sunday is going great Sharon......It must be beautiful right now up in the hills where you are.....

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)