Saturday, December 3, 2011

SATURDAY STROLL

Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be interacting with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking to us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!


It is My privilege to conceal things and My privilege to let you discover them.

O LORD my God, how great You are!

No one can comprehend the height of heaven, the depth of earth, or all that goes on in My mind!

You make the clouds Your chariot - You ride upon the wings of the wind.

I stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens and make the rafters of My home in the rain clouds.

LORD, the earth trembles at Your glance - the mountains smoke at Your touch.

I have placed the world on its foundation so it would never be moved.

LORD, Your faithful love endures forever.

I have set a boundary for the seas, so they will never again cover the earth.

Oh, LORD, thank You for the promise of Your rainbow.

I take care of people and animals and flowers and everything in My creation.

Yes, everything depends on You.

Yes, so here's my request:

Give thanks to Me and proclaim My greatness.
Let the whole world know what I have done.
Sing to me and tell everyone about My wonderful deeds.

Exult in My holy name.

Search for Me and My strength - continually seek Me.

Remember the wonders I have performed.

I will always stand by My covenant.
It is a commitment I made to a thousand generations!

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
His faithful love endures forever.

I cannot list all of His glorious miracles.
I can never praise Him enough.

Remember me, LORD, when you show favor to Your people.
Come near and rescue me.

I take pleasure in all that I have made - and that includes YOU!

I will love the LORD as long as I live.
I will praise my God to my last breath!

My glory will continue forever!


(Selections from Genesis 8, Psalms 104-106, and Proverbs 25)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"


10 comments:

  1. Basking in the glories of the Lord - so precious are His Words! Always a blessing, Sharon, strolling with you . . .

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon -

    Thank you

    Oh how this ministered to me.

    It amazes that our Lord ALWAYS knows how to give us precisely what we need when we need it.

    Hallelujah to our mountain smoking unshakeable Lord.

    The love and care of GOD has no equal - nothing even near...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I just love how you do this Sharon. I know I've said that before; but it is truly a gift how you can have scripture be alive like this in communication with our Lord!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings Sharon,

    Shall I enjoy a late Sat. Stroll or an early Sun. Stroll?

    Whichever day I am given the precious opportunity to ease drop on your sweet conversations with Our Lord, I am always blessed!

    Glory, hallelujah... His love endures forever!

    I love how you entwined a Psalm of LOVE as your responses mingled with Genesis, for Our Creator God and a pinch of Proverbs for ye ole wisdom, Our Wise Counselor!

    How great He is and greatly to be praised! Let us EXALT Him forevermore! Hopefully my sweet fragrance will rise up to Him and meet His request this day!

    Thanks Sharon... for a lovely stroll!
    Good night... and God bless,
    (((hugs)))
    Peggy
    I linked this to SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and uplifting post. I really like your Saturday Stroll. It's so good to praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon - I love your Saturday Strolls. I have a little something for you over at my blog:
    http://www.reflectionsofhisgrace.com/2011/12/encouragement-thanks/

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed my stroll with you as usual. I feel that three of us take a walk together. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful thoughtful post. What can I do but praise Him for all he has done, continues to do and will do.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late to your stroll this week. I love the way you put this one together. It sort of had the feeling of God telling me all the things that I know in my head while I nodded in agreement as He does it.

    And then, He says, but it's not enough for you to KNOW it. I want you to do something about that knowledge.

    Acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What other response is there, than praise and thanksgiving!
    Enjoy all He continues to give.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)