Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A NEW LOOK

YES.

I snuck one by you guys!

I've been seeing a lot of people changing their blogs around, and I've been thinking about it myself lately. So, last night when I got yet another case of insomnia, I started experimenting!

I was up half the night...

I love all things western. And this background reminded me of the many weathered structures "The Hub" and I see when we visit old ghost towns - (one of our very favorite things to do).

It was called *barnwood* - and it charmed me with its rustic and earthy look.

I also thought it might be appropriate to go along with my little profile photo. Thinking of billing myself as a "Cowgirl for God!"

One frustrating thing, though. The template automatically chooses certain things and you can't change it. So, whatever text color I picked for the blog post automatically became the text for several of the gadgets - (read "it forced me"). I prefer a lighter background/black text, but the black text disappeared on the sidebar, and couldn't be changed.

This was the best compromise I could come up with - hope it's easy enough to read.

I'm thinking that this new look will symbolize *wide open spaces* to spread the Word, as I venture into the *wild frontiers* that God will lead me to in 2012.

YEE HAW!


(Disclaimer: I'm still not sure if I'm going to stick with this or not...LOL)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. I have the hardest time even changing the banner on mine so I think you did great. I know what you mean about it "forcing" you to use text colors and fonts. It does that to me, too.

    I like this! It does say "Sharon".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this a lot. It's you! Now if I could just decide about my own blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEE HAW!

    A new year and a new look from another "Cowgirl for God" but you're gonna have to make this more western looking, rodeo round up... great theme and application!

    I really detest and understand being locked into the font colors and forced choices... looking good, girl! Goes so well with your warmth and fireplace!

    And here I am thinking about closing down my 'ranch'... trek on, and ride on

    Love... Yee haw...rodeo style rustic,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Sharon, Lovely new look! and of course I loved the old one too! It's such a treat to come and visit you and glean some wisdom from the wealth of knowledge you share about God. Thank you for all that you do in the Lord's name. Be blessed. Love, Kerrie
    PS: I keep thinking of Jessie the cowgirl from Toy Story 2 & 3. Yee haw cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look for your blog! It just "fits", you know? As for tweaking the font colors, etc., have you tried going to "Advanced" on the "Customize" tab in your dashboard? That's what I did with mine. But, either way, I really love it!

    Cowgirl up! Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)