Friday, February 15, 2013

"FAN THE FLAME" FRIDAY - Endurance


Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

This is a weekly post that will be "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)

Just a word and a phrase, a sentence or a question...just a little something to "fan the flame" of your creativity!


Today's word: endurance

How would you define the word endurance?

What does it mean to have spiritual endurance?

What requires the most endurance in your life?

How do you think God rewards (or will reward) endurance in our faith journey?


Let me know what you think!!


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."  (Hebrews 12:1, NLT)


"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you…For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:6-7)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon,

    I have read this at a time, when endurance is something I need very much. It seems at the moment, Life needs endurance. Sorry to put it so starkly. But it seems everything but everything is happening at once to cause me stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Endurance is a place I find myself today. A verse came to mind for me with your questions.........in quietness and trust shall be your strength..........this is how I wish to endure and wait for things to pass...staying steadfast and resting under a canopy of trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me endurance means to ability to last over time. Not just seeing the time go by but maintaining the same level of confidence as the time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good word here and good word "endurance". I admit it is not a word I always like because it usually means waiting and I am not too keen on that. Endurance also means not giving up, keeping on, stiff upper lip etc. I felt sometimes like mine and my families lives have been about nothing but endurance for many years now. At least we are finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think endurance and patience can go hand in hand, to me it means waiting, willing to go the distance, which often means waiting for God's timing :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. How would you define the word endurance?

    Having the strength and stamina to stick with something, or last through a situation, to the end. I am reminded of a marathon - endurance is what happens in the last mile of that 26-mile run. The ability to cross the finish line at the end of the race.

    What does it mean to have spiritual endurance?

    To have the faith to withstand adversity. To persevere through struggles and difficulties. To be strong and courageous, faithful. To stay true to the Lord through all the years of my life.

    What requires the most endurance in your life?

    I find it most difficult to endure when I am worried or anxious. Sometimes my spirit just gets tired, and my spiritual strength wanes. Fortunately, I have the help of the Holy Spirit, who gives me the power to endure.

    How do you think God rewards (or will reward) endurance in our faith journey?

    Though we do not have to *earn* Heaven, I think our reward is that heavenly home that God promises. I hope to be rewarded with these words: "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)