Friday, February 8, 2013

"FAN THE FLAME" FRIDAY - Righteousness


Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

This is a weekly post that will be "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)

Just a word and a phrase, a sentence or a question...just a little something to "fan the flame" of your creativity!


Today's word: righteousness

What do you think the word righteousness means?

How would you define God's righteousness?

What does it mean to you to be able to *put on* the righteousness of Jesus?


Let me know what you think!!


"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him.  I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.  For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith." (Philippians 3:8-9, NLT)


"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you…For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:6-7)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. God has to be righteous - but I am a softy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think of righteous only in the context of doing the right things. But over time I have come to learn God's righteousness is about being put in a right position with Him, which is achieved only through Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of being made free of the bondage of sin. His righteousness is mine, meaning I am forgiven and holy in His sight. This is only possible because of the blood of Jesus.
    Hugs & Prayers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. righteousness I always associated with moral living; holy living, kind of how God is, but now I'm not too sure reading everyone's comments.........

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me righteousness means...no worries...He's done it...He's fixed everything so I can live free. It's all about grace b/c there's no way in myself I can live right.

    Take gentle care Sharon...hope your weekend rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you think the word righteousness means?

    It means perfection of holiness. Free from any blot or stain of sin. Right standing with God and with others.

    How would you define God's righteousness?

    A perfect standard of holiness, goodness, justice, truth, love - a standard so far above us that we can never achieve it on our own. God is the perfectly pure One.

    What does it mean to you to be able to *put on* the righteousness of Jesus?

    Ah, it means everything. It means replacing my filthy rags of sin with a white robe of cleanliness. It means that I have been granted access to the throne room of God Himself, and promised a heavenly mansion for eternity. It means that I no longer have to fear being judged or condemned for my sins. It means I am free...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)