Saturday, March 10, 2012

SATURDAY STROLL

Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be interacting with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking with us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!



Just this past week, God answered a very big prayer. My gratitude to God is overwhelming.

This lovely passage from Zechariah – which I came across randomly (randomly???) touched my heart. So, I've taken some liberties, and personalized it. Hear what God said to MY heart(and let Him say it to your heart, too):


"I will strengthen Sharon and save her.
I will restore her because of My compassion.
For I am the LORD her God, who hears her cries.

She will become like a mighty warrior.
Her heart will be made happy.
Her children, too, will see it and be glad.
Their hearts will rejoice in the LORD.

When I call her, she will come running, for I have redeemed her.
Though I scattered her, she remembered Me.
She and her children turned to Me.

I will bring her back from the brink of fear, and gather her from her anxious ramblings.

I will resettle her, until there is no more room to be afraid.

She will pass safely through the sea of distress, for the waves of the enemy will be held back.

The deluge of his lies will dry up.

His prideful torment will be crushed, and his rule in her thoughts will end.

BY MY POWER, I will make her strong.
And by MY authority she will go wherever she wishes.

I, the LORD, have spoken!"

Oh Lord.

Amen.


(From Zechariah 10, NLT)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"


4 comments:

  1. God is good all the time - all the time God is good. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome verse and application, Sharon! I'm going to go read it again in my Bible and pray it over and over! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. It makes it so much more personal when we apply our name to the scripture this way.
    Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)