Friday, June 14, 2013

"FAN THE FLAME" FRIDAY - Heavenly Father


Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

This is a weekly post that will be "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)

Just a word and a phrase, a sentence or a question...just a little something to "fan the flame" of your creativity!


Today's word: Heavenly Father

What comes to mind when you think about your Heavenly Father?

At this season in your life, which character trait of the Heavenly Father means the most to you - and why?

What is the one thing you want to say to your Heavenly Father today?


Let me know what you think!!


"So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him." (Matthew 7:11, NLT)


***HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dads out there!***


"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you…For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:6-7)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. I just got what you mean about Fan the Flame - am I slow or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at/with Sandie Crone. I needed a giggle tonight.

    Oh, what a nice one this week.

    At this season of my life, I am most comforted by the idea that as my Father, He really and truly does love me and want the best for me. As a Father, I know that he actually WANTS to provide for me and doing so gives Him pleasure. I probably wouldn't *get* that were it not for the husband. I watch him, and I can see how delighted he is when the girls call him and ask for his advice or help. It's particularly sweet to watch when it's the self sufficient grown up girl in D.C. All she needs to do is mention that she could use something, and he is off on a mission to find it.

    I said all that to say that in this season of my life, this "grown up girl" loves realizing that I'm not too grown for my Heavenly Father to want to rush out and provide for me the same way.

    Thanks for this. I smile at the thoughts that it made me think.

    Sorry it was practically a blog post. Would you get irked at me if I turned it into one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon! This is my first time to your blog. I am a fifty something too! Isn't it wonderful?

    When I think of my heavenly Father, I think 'love'. That he loves me so much. I guess in this season of my life, I am less fearful of God, and more understanding that he thinks I'm pretty special.

    Today, I would say to him "Happy Father's Day!!!"

    Happy to 'join' your blog today too :)

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one cares for me like my Father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What comes to mind when you think about your Heavenly Father?

    I think of Love. I picture the wings of an eagle, the shelter of a castle, the firmness of rock, and the shield of a warrior. And, a big old cuddly lap to crawl up on!

    At this season in your life, which character trait of the Heavenly Father means the most to you - and why?

    His faithfulness. I have learned how dependable He is, how completely loyal He is to His children - to me. His faithful Presence, His faithful mercy, His faithful forgiveness - these are but a few of the character traits that mean the most to me.

    What is the one thing you want to say to your Heavenly Father today?

    I love you, Lord - with all my heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)