Friday, February 14, 2014

"FAN THE FLAME" AND A FOTO FRIDAY


"Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

"Fan the Flame" has been a feature on my blog for a long time.  I've enjoyed it, and have always loved reading your insightful comments.

So, this week I'm returning to "Fan the Flame" and asking all of you to *weigh in* on this week's word - HEART.

(Too easy???  Well, it IS Valentine's Day, after all...)


Just a word and a question (or few)…just a little something to
"fan the flame" of your creativity!

And, just for fun, I'm adding a *foto* - add a caption, a verse, or a thought to go along with it!

Still "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)


Today's word: heart

How would you define the concept of a person's *heart*?

Why is the condition of one's *heart* so crucial to the way we live our lives?

What are some ways the *heart* can be attacked, broken, lost, or hardened? And how can we guard against that?

What is the one thing that comes to your mind when you think about the *heart* of God?


Let me know what you think!!



THE FOTO:






(Don't forget to add your caption, a verse, or a thought!!)



"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." (Matthew 5:8, NIV)

"Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." (Matthew 6:21, NLT)

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29, NIV)

"A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart..." (Matthew 12:35, NLT)

"And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." (Mark 12:30, NLT)

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid." 
(John 14:27, NLT)

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33, NLT)


"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." (Proverbs 4:23, NLT)



***HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!***



*(My silly caption?  "WOOD you be mine?")


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

10 comments:

  1. What comes to mind when I think about the heart? Hmmm...Well, because recently I got to see my own heart in action during an echo-cardiogram, I would have to say that the heart is quite a hard worker!
    I mean, even when we sleep it keeps on going and going...What a wonderful and efficient little miracle it is!
    I was told by the technician that I had a "pretty heart"...That made me think about the other concept of what our spiritual heart is like...Just like our heart of flesh, our spiritual heart must never stop working...if it becomes hardened or tired and quits, we become cold and our spirit life dries up and withers away, just like the body would do if our heart of flesh stopped beating...The heart of flesh pumps blood into our body...The spiritual heart circulates the redeeming blood of our Savior into our spiritual life...keeping us right with the Lord!
    The heart of God?
    The word that comes to mind is: BIG...All encompassing and merciful...Well, that's three words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart, your (Christ's) home...it is also the name of a song by Watermark...here is the chorus:

    Come and make my heart Your home
    Come and be everything I am and all I know
    Search me through and through
    ‘Till my heart becomes a home for You

    That is also my prayer. Happy Valentine's Day, sweet Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to send the heart to Sandie, Chatty Crone, for her heart contest! That is a neat picture!

    Heart means to me not just the organ that beats, but basically us, mind, emotion, spirit, etc. I always ask God for a clean heart because I fear sometimes the condition of my heart, too worldly, unkind, etc.

    Great word for this day Sharon. I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon......to me the heart is where life happens. Without the heart...no life. Heart of God....life of God, the core, the thing that means the most. And from my heart to yours....have a great weekend. Stay warm and safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great questions, Sharon! Our heart is an amazing machine and holds powerful emotion. Only God could design and create such a functional yet emotional piece of art. I have been singing a song recently that says open the eyes of my heart Lord......so that is what came to mind for me......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Sharon! You are one of the three winners of my earrings! The pair you won is "Victoria". I will mail them on Monday morning. Hope you love them!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool picture! I can't think of a caption but I'd love to come upon this tree with my sweet valentine and carve our initials right in the middle. So thankful God is love and gives us love for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with that photo...yes, I will be your too! Ha!
    I just read your memories of your dad...so wonderful, Sharon. yes, a legacy. Made me think of my own sweet dad, gone now over 40 years. I still can remember special things he did for me...on this cold and snowy day I am glad to be thinking about those sweet, warm moments again...

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)