Saturday, November 26, 2011

SATURDAY STROLL

Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be *interacting* with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking to us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!


Lord, how come You do things so backwards sometimes?

I've just celebrated Thanksgiving, and there are many things that I'm grateful for. But honestly, You tell me to be thankful for the *tough stuff* of life, too.

Don't You?

Yes, dear one, I do.

Lord, will You speak a good word to me on that?

Absolutely.

I tell you, don't be surprised when fiery trials come your way. Really! Why do you think it so strange? Didn't the world persecute Me?

I want you to be thankful - indeed, very glad - for these trials.

Lord, why on earth WHY?

Because, these trials make you partners with Me! It was My suffering that redeemed you - and it was My suffering that made you right with God. My suffering that was the perfect sacrifice - and My suffering that gave you freedom from sin and death.

Yes, Lord - I am eternally grateful for that.

Sweet child, I'm glad you brought up eternity. For that is the ultimate result of suffering. You will one day have the wonderful JOY of seeing My glory when I reveal it to the world!

Really?!

Yes, really! So be happy when you are insulted for being a Christian - and that includes all the suffering that this tired old world sends your way - for it is then, in the midst of your suffering, that the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you.

Oh Lord, I couldn't endure without Your Spirit.

I know. So consider these times of trouble to be an opportunity for joy. You know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. I consider your spiritual maturity a prize well worth the cost of suffering. Because when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfected and complete.

Yes, Lord, that is my goal, too. I just don't like the *tough* way I have to learn sometimes.

Sweet one, gold is never refined by gentle sifting. It is purified by fire. And trials will show that your faith is genuine. When your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring much praise and glory and honor on the day when I am revealed.

Lord, I just get so tired sometimes.

I know. But remember, I am renewing your spirit every day. So don't give up. Your present troubles are small, and they won't last very long. Don't look at the troubles you can see now - fix your gaze on the things that cannot be seen. Someday all of this will be over - and you will see how everything worked together to produce for you a glory. And, great news, this glory will last forever!

Lord, what an awesome reward!

It gives me great joy to bestow this reward on you!

I have made you right in the sight of My Father, and I have given you peace with Him because of what I've done. Trust Me, eternal glory is going to far outshine and vastly outweigh the troubles of this world.

I believe that, Lord. Will You help me endure?

Of course. Your endurance is building strong character, and that strength of character is what enables you to understand your confident hope of salvation.

And, believe Me, your hope will NOT be disappointed!

Lord, I think that's the best promise of all!

Yes! And one more thing...I want you to always remember this. I have told you all of this so that you may have peace in Me. Not peace like you might understand it - absence of anxiety, safety from troubles, lack of uncertainty, health and wealth security. No, My peace is different.

Though you will have many trials and sorrows on this earth, I want you to take heart. And here's the secret to that...

I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!!

Yes, Lord! Nothing can ever separate me from You.

No, dear one. Nothing, no one, not ever.

And one day, I am coming back for you.

Yes, Lord - come soon!


(Today's stroll was taken from 1 Peter, James, Romans, 2 Corinthians, and John. God's Word speaks...)


(SIDENOTE: I am enjoying these *strolls* so much, that I have decided to do them more often. Hence, "QUAINT WORDS" will be on hiatus for awhile. I changed my mind, woman's prerogative!!)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

12 comments:

  1. Sharon - I love this idea! I think when we read the scriptures and insert our name into the "conversation" it gives us a better perspective of what God is saying to us.

    Many blessings my friend and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good one Sharon. Putting scripture into this type of perspective is good to help us remember those tough times. I'm in the psalms and I was reading Psalm 126:5-6 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him."

    It is comforting that God knows we will have these seasons of tears, grief, trials, battles, etc but there is always joy in him and his promises!

    suppose to be warming up down here, looking forward to it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! But then, walking with Jesus is always blessed! Thanks for sharing your insight in such a creative way. It really underlines the truth that when we are in a relationship with our Lord, we CAN come to Him and enjoy wonderful conversation while we come to know Him even more.

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,

    Like your conversation with God here.

    Have a good weekend

    God Bless - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for His Holy Spirit with us at every turn... thanks so much for this post!
    Barbara
    www.mylifeasanadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like I'm not alone when it comes to suffering those long trials. It helps to remember to view it from the eternal perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings Sharon, Another late Sat. short stroll for me with you and our Lord! I so look forward to these special times set aside but this one was a bit too heavy... (just kidding) He lightened the load and does every time if we just let go and let Him!

    So let's see,we strolled through 5 different love letters today! Yes, conversations like this one can somehow make the Word more applicable when we personalize and get answers for our longings, our heaviness, our storms of endurance or battles of great length!
    (sigh) Suffering isn't easy but seeing it in eternal perspective or from His own sufferings, we truly can't compare or complain... just as you asked for the help to endure. So thankful that His Holy Spirit guides us.

    Looking forward to more strolls and less quaint but whatever you do, it is always worth the read and +1. Do you think I needed the word from fan the flame for this stroll today? Just hoping to catch up... and hope that you were able to enJOY a wonderful Thanksgiving! God is so good and so worthy of our thanks, praise and chats!

    Love ya'
    Peggy
    (off to church)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon....this makes me think...His ways are not like ours.....I don't always understand why He let's something happen but I'm learning to trust....I like your conversation with God

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon -

    Thank you

    This stroll sure lifted me.

    Yes, indeed - His Word instructs us to be of good cheer...He has overcome the world. We overcome through the blood of JESUS - Hallelujah!

    And we are more than conquerers through our awesome Savior and Lord JESUS CHRIST.

    Glory to GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saved this one for the last of my reading tonight. I wanted to stroll with you, especially when I started reading and knew what you would be talking over with God.

    So I eavesdropped.
    And I was immeasurably blessed.

    I need to take my Bible and pick a path for a stroll.

    You are so gifted in hearing the Word, Sharon. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I hope you keep strolling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you walk and talk with God - sandie

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)