Saturday, June 2, 2012

SATURDAY STROLL - Open My Eyes


Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be interacting with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking with us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!


OPEN MY EYES, LORD

As Jesus and the disciples left the town of Jericho, a large crowd followed behind.  Two blind men were sitting beside the road.  When they heard that Jesus was coming that way, they began shouting, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"

"Be quiet!" the crowd yelled at them.

But they only shouted louder, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"

When Jesus heard them, he stopped and called, "What do you want me to do for you?"

"Lord," they said, "we want to see!"

Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes.  Instantly they could see!

Then they followed him.


***Let me take the liberty to re-write this passage***


As Sharon was preparing to leave the town she's lived in for 28 years, a large crowd of Satan's forces followed behind.  She sat by the road, and shouted to Jesus, "Lord, have mercy on me!"

"Be quiet!" the devil and his demons yelled at her.

But she only shouted louder, "Lord, have mercy on me!"

Jesus stopped and called, "Sharon, what do you want Me to do for you?"

"Lord," she said, "I want to see YOU in all of this!"

Jesus felt sorry for her and touched her heart.  Instantly she could see!

Then she followed Him, trusting again in where He was leading.


I have had so many struggles as I face my imminent move to the mountains. This passage really spoke to me - and to any of us who just plain get overwhelmed by life.

Sometimes we just need to shout in prayer!

And the Lord always answers.

Jesus, give us YOU - let us see YOU - let us know YOU - help us to follow YOU!


(Selection from Matthew 20)


Where in your life right now do you want Jesus to open your eyes so you can see Him?


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    Yes I want to see Jesus in my plans for the future. Most of the time I think I can, but sometimes those Satan messengers of doubt harrass me too.

    God Bless - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing and I hope it is all coming together for you - I know you have a lot of work going on!
    I do have Jesus and plan to keep him forever.
    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I love the way you applied this scripture to your own life. It helps to apply it to ours.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally relate to the times when we have to just shout to the LORD. I've done it myself more than once. I think the key is that you/we are shouting TO Him and not AT him. That small difference makes all the difference.

    (And I'll admit that there have been a few times, one actually, when I shouted AT Him. It did not bring peace.)

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)