Friday, November 23, 2012

"FAN THE FLAME" FRIDAY- Feast


Welcome to "Fan the Flame" Friday.

This is a weekly post that will be "short and sweet" (kinda like me...)

Just a word and a phrase, a sentence or a question...just a little something to "fan the flame" of your creativity!


Today's word: feast

How is a feast different than a meal?

What are your favorite things to eat at a holiday feast?

How might you describe the Wedding Feast of the Lamb?


Let me know what you think!!


"When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, 'Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.'" 
(Luke 14:15, NIV)

"And the angel said to me, 'Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.'" (Revelation 19:9, NLT)


"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you…For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:6-7)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just before (your quote of) Lk. 14:15, Jesus says, "When you give a dinner or a banquet (feast), do not invite your friends or brothers or relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return, and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just." (Lk. 14:12-14)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is a feast different than a meal?

    To me, a meal is just eating food. A feast is a sumptuous affair! A meal is satisfying, a feast makes your cup runneth over! A meal is something I might "throw together" - a feast is the spread I saw on a cruise! An overabundance of delicious choices.

    What are your favorite things to eat at a holiday feast?

    My favorite things to eat at a holiday feast are stuffing, mashed potatoes (can't get enough of those carbs!) - and I am also a fan of any kind of berry pie!

    How might you describe the Wedding Feast of the Lamb?

    Oh my goodness, what a fete that will be! It will be a joyous gathering, with an array of wonderfully satisfying treats. Talk about cup runneth over! It will be every special occasion in my life all rolled into one, and then add more than you can think or imagine. But, the very best thing of all will be finally looking upon the face of the Lamb - the Host who made it all possible!

    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)