Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ALL PRAISE TO OUR LORD!

O LORD…may you be praised forever and ever!

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.

Everything in the heavens and on the earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom.

We adore you as the one who is over all things.

Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything.

Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.

O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!

But, who am I, and who are my people, that we could give you anything?
Everything we have comes from you, and we give you only what you first gave us!

We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land…
Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace.

I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there.

O LORD…make your people always want to obey you.
See to it that their love for you never changes.
Give [us] the wholehearted desire to obey all your commands, laws, and decrees…

Give praise to the LORD your God!


And the entire assembly praised the LORD…and bowed low and knelt before the LORD and the king.


(1 Chronicles 29:10-20)

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, c. 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. We read a daily children's devotion - well we try almost every day. This was yesterdays - the will to follow God's will. Interesting - I call it a God Wink.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great worship type of prayer for God giving him praise and glory and honor for who he is!! so very nice!!

    sunny and so warm here!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and the entire assembly praised the LORD and bowed low and knelt before the LORD and the King.

    Can you imagine how that picture looked to God? It must have been beautiful!

    I was struck by this part, too:

    "O LORD…make your people always want to obey you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord is worthy of all praise, honor and glory forever and ever, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie - I love God winks! Yes, asking God to give me the will to do His will. I was reminded of the verse in Philippians 2 - "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."

    Betty - Sometimes the Word just says it best! All glory and honor to our King. (LOVING the warm, warm weather!)

    Debbie - I got goosebumps when I read that line. I tried to picture the sight, and the sound, of thousands of people going to their knees at one time! A little taste of heaven...

    Ken - Amen! He is the ONLY One worthy of our praise, our honor - and He will be glorified forever! We're so lucky to be His children.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon -

    Glory Hallelujah! Thank you for this great precious praise message.

    You expressed, "I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there."

    May we steadfastly come before His throne with pure hearts and clean hands.

    Glory to His awesome name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra - Yes, I also pray for a clean heart and a clear conscience. I can only accomplish it with His help! Glory to His awesome name - I couldn't have said it better!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)