Saturday, April 7, 2012

SATURDAY STROLL - At the Foot of the Cross


Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be interacting with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking with us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!



AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS

Jesus speaks:


"Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

Oh Lord, please forgive me for the things I do wrong, even when I don’t know it. Please forgive me for the things I do wrong knowingly. Forgive my omissions, my commissions – forgive me for the gray spaces in between.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me."
(Psalm 51:10)


"Today you will be with me in Paradise."

Thank you, Lord, that You have given me the hope and promise of eternal life in Your presence. Thank you for the confident assurance that to be absent in the body is to be present with You. How I long for the day when I see You face to face.

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:3)


"Behold your son…Behold your mother."

Thank you, Jesus, for caring about my family. Help me to trust that You love them more than I do – and that You are watching over them. Protect their hearts as they follow after You. Let my life be a witness to them.

"We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD, about his power and his mighty wonders." (Psalm 78:4)


"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

God, sometimes I feel like You have abandoned me. You feel silent and hidden and uncaring. Do not let me believe this lie. Because of Jesus, You will never ever forsake me.

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love." (Romans 8:38)


"I thirst."

Oh, Jesus, I thirst for Your Living Water in this spiritually dry and parched world. Quench the longing in my soul for You, and fill my cup to overflowing.

"As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God."
(Psalm 42:1)


"It is finished."

Yes, indeed! All of my mistakes, my shame, my guilt, my regrets, my pain, my disappointments, my fears – all of it is done! Washed away in the freeing blood You shed on the cross. Once, for all, You conquered sin and destroyed the power of death. You defeated the enemy.

"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:31)


"Into your hands I commit my spirit."

Yes, Lord, today I give You my life. I trust You with it all. I yield to Your omniscience and I surrender to Your sovereignty. Sit on the throne of my life, Lord. Rid me of myself.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)


(Selections from the Gospels)


What would you say to Jesus, as you looked upon His face at the foot of the cross?


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"


6 comments:

  1. There aren't enough words to speak or enough hugs to give Him for all He's done for me as I contemplate at the cross today. Jesus is the greatest treasure.

    Happy Easter, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus is my greatest heart treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post, Sharon. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these encouraging words.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)