Saturday, June 9, 2012

SATURDAY STROLL - He Loves Us


Welcome to "SATURDAY STROLL!"

In these posts I will be interacting with Scripture – making it a conversational walk of faith.

Sometimes we'll be talking with Jesus, sometimes God will be talking with us.

There might even be *guest appearances* by some of our beloved characters from the Bible!

So put on your walking shoes – you know we can all use the exercise!


THE PROFOUNDLY SIMPLE, THE SIMPLY PROFOUND

For God...

so loved...

the world...

that He gave...

His only...

begotten Son...

that whosoever...

believeth in Him...

should not perish...

but have everlasting...

LIFE!

(John 3:16, KJV)


Sometimes this simple verse just overwhelms me with its truth.  Back when I was volunteering at an assisted living facility, we would often end our time by quoting this verse.  I was amazed to see almost every single aged mouth saying these precious, precious words.

Our worship leader also volunteered his time in prison ministry.  Again, he often ended his time there with this verse - and nearly every person (hardened, tattooed, scarred, and mean person) said this verse along with him.  

Many of us were taught this verse as children - and it has stuck in our minds ever since.  

Let's continue to pray that this verse will reach many more hearts with its TRUTH!


Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so.


What verse and/or song do you remember from your childhood?


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

4 comments:

  1. The B.I.B.L.E, yes that's the book for me.
    I stand alone on the Word of God,
    The B.I.B.L.E

    Truth does not always get better with more words and thoughts...

    No wonder Jesus loved the little chldren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    I didn't know the Lord properly until I was in my early thirties, so no childhood song. But one that stays in my memory is "Amazing Grace" how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into my heart,
    Into my heart,
    Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.
    Come in today,
    Come in to stay.
    Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.

    But I love Jesus loves me, too. I sing sweet Cameron to sleep with it. He doesn't care what Mawmaw's voice sounds like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greatest book ever, the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)