Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SPAM

Just the other day, my friend informed me that an email I had sent to her was flagged as SPAM. To which I rather plaintively asked, “Do I always come to you as SPAM?”

She chuckled, and told me that no, I don’t usually come across as SPAM – just this one time her cable company had deemed me “junk mail.” I tell you what, I’d like to meet this “Wizard of SPAM” who sits blustering away, and arbitrarily decides who gets through and who doesn’t! I would love to pull aside that curtain and expose him for the imposter he is – HA!

But it got me thinking…Do I come across to God as SPAM?

Sometimes it’s easy to think that He doesn’t pay attention. He seems hidden, or distant, or silent. Does He really care about me and my silly little life? I am reminded of those words from Psalm 8:

“…what are people that you should think about them, mere mortals that you should care for them?”

Yup, in the bazillion people that populate this planet, I bet I do get lost in the shuffle sometimes. I’ll bet God is a lot more concerned about world leaders, or powerful rich tycoons, or which team LeBron James is going to sign with. In the grand newspaper of life, I’m probably just a classified ad.

It was kind of depressing, you know?!

So I searched my Bible, because I always say: When in doubt, search God out. And here are some wonderfully amazing things that God has to say about EACH one of us:

“You saw me before I was born…Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.” Psalm 139:16

“…not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; YOU are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” Matthew 10:29b, 30-31

“You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I am far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I doHow precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!” (Psalm 139:2-3, 17)

No, I’m not SPAM to God…I’m just SPECIAL!

So are you!!

BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh...Sharon! Great post!! You have such a knack for relating the everyday to the God Who is in control! Hugs....T

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)