Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TEN SIMPLE THINGS

Today I'm going to do something different. I'm listing ten of the things I saw on my hike down the Virgin River. And then I'm giving a verse that these things reminded me of. Ready for the journey?!

1. water = "Jesus replied, 'Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.'" (John 4:13-14)

2. rivers = "I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland...so my chosen people can be refreshed." (Isaiah 43:19, 20)

3. skies = "There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in his majestic splendor." (Deuteronomy 34:26)

4. mountains = "Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains...You care for people and animals alike, O LORD. How precious is your unfailing love, O God!" (Psalm 36:6, 7)

5. rock = " 'Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.'" (Matthew 7:24)

6. meadows = "He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name." (Psalm 23:2, 3)

7. trees = "But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do." (Psalm 1:2, 3)

8. deer = "As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God." (Psalm 42:1)

9. sun = "For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." (Psalm 84:11)

10. stars = "How good to sing praises to our God!...He counts the stars and calls them all by name. How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!" (Psalm 147:1, 4, 5)

Amen and AMEN!

BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)