MARTY’S NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
1. Do not chew the couch cushion.
2. Do not chew the couch cushion.
3. OK, do not eat the stuffing after chewing the couch cushion.
4. Do not hog the recliner.
5. Do not steal socks.
6. Do not run away after stealing socks.
7. Learn how to CHEW the string cheese – not swallow it in large chunks
even though it’s my favorite food in the entire world.
8. Do not mess up the blankets to make a “tent” to sleep in.
9. Do not lick my fur for such a long time that I gag.
10. Do not bite my fingernails – (I didn’t used to do this until I joined this
infamous family of nail-biters…)
11. Perfect the “pound puppy” look – it works every time.
12. Try just a little harder to conceal my zeal for treats.
13. Do not place my cold nose on unsuspecting necks of dozing people.
14. Do not jump up on furniture and show off my “mountain goat” imitation.
15. Do not speak when asked to speak – just “Harumph” – or is it the other
way around? Hmmm…
16. Resist the urge to “dog paddle” when I am carried in the rain. (This
“instinct” thing drives me crazy…)
17. Avoid the dreaded black poodle.
18. Try to decide on ONE tree to do my “morning constitution” – and make it
the SAME tree every day.
19. Ignore #18 – (that instinct thing again)
20. Try to stop snoring – even though my people are worse.
21. Try to sleep in just once in a while, like to 7:30 AM.
22. Try to stay up just once in a while, like to 7:30 PM.
23. Ignore #21 and 22 – it’s a dog’s life, and I love to sleep!
24. Do not place my paws on people unless asked.
25. Do not jump on people unless asked.
26. Do not lick people unless asked.
27. OK, put paws on people, jump on people, lick people – ask for forgiveness
instead of permission – easier that way. (Note to self: See #11 - "pound
28. Remember that there is a body attached to my nose...(we hounds tend to
29. Be cute.
30. Be Marty.
31. Do not chew the couch cushion.
Love my people even more than I already do…(I think that’s impossible!)
Love God the most!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to my four-legged, and two-legged, friends out there!
(P.S. Today is my BIRTHDAY! I am 4! I hope I get some cake...if not, I'm
re-considering #1, #2, and #31!!)
BLOG = “Blessedly Leaning On God!”