Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PROVERBS PARAPHRASE

My heart is like a stream of water directed by the LORD.
May He guide it wherever He pleases.

I might be right in my own eyes - but the LORD examines my heart.

He is more pleased when I do what is right and just, than when I give Him "sacrifices."

Arrogant superiority, a proud heart, and evil actions are all sin.
I will stay away from them.

Rather, I will plan well and work hard.
For I know that hasty and compromising shortcuts lead to poverty - in spirit and in life.

The guilty and the wicked walk a crooked path.
I will travel a straight road.

If you instruct the wise, they will be all the wiser.
Lord, give me Your wisdom.

The Righteous One knows what is going on.

I will pursue righteousness and unfailing love - for that is how I will find life and honor.

Some people are greedy for more, but I will love to give!

Mockers are proud and act with boundless arrogance.
Lord, teach me to be humble.

I will watch my tongue and keep my mouth shut.
I will think before I act.
I will stay out of trouble.
I will not be lazy.

No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the LORD.

Therefore I will prepare for the day of battle, but I will let the LORD fight.

Victory belongs to Him.


(My paraphrase of selected verses from Proverbs 21)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

8 comments:

  1. "I will watch my tongue and keep my mouth shut.
    I will think before I act.
    I will stay out of trouble"

    This is written like one of those "I will" punishments that teachers would make you write 100 times.

    Think I'll get started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't the Proverbs wonderful? So much wisdom in there if we would just take it to heart and follow some of it (the ones about the quarrelsome wife always gets my attention, LOL)

    great paraphrasing of them Sharon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will watch my tongue and keep my mouth shut.
    I will think before I act.
    I will stay out of trouble.

    I will watch my tongue and keep my mouth shut.
    I will think before I act.
    I will stay out of trouble.

    I will watch my tongue and keep my mouth shut.
    I will think before I act.
    I will stay out of trouble.

    I will try!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I love about paraphrasing verses from the Bible in our own words, we are so much more apt to actually apply what God is teaching us...

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon -

    Philippians 4:1 - KJV
    ...stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - You're right! This does sound like one of those teacher things. I've already started my writing...do you have more chalk??

    Betty - So, you noticed that I left out the quarrelsome wife, huh?! :)
    I find it so instructive to personalize the psalms and proverbs. It helps me take them to heart. And yes, how much better would we be if we really followed their wisdom!

    Sandie - Good girl! Repetition makes it sink in. Boy oh boy - how often has my tongue and my haste gotten me into trouble? (That's a rhetorical question. If you really start to count, you're gonna need a calculator!)

    Shay - I love doing this. I have been (pleasantly) surprised at what I've learned from *familiar* passages when I make them personal. And isn't that really what God's Word is all about? It is alive, and it's supposed to *speak* His words to us. Praying, that as you said, I can actually apply those words!

    Sandra - Such a great verse. I needed to hear just that today. Thank you.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's almost certainly that them gets about anything its conceivable you have not all that good in addition to touches off you very our next site proficient editor but this https://www.paraphrasegenerator.org/our-paraphrase-machine-services/rephrase-sentence-generator website share unique info.

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)