Monday, June 20, 2011

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL

If I have a guardian angel…

…I feel sorry for him.

He's got me for a human, after all – and he's got his work cut out for him.

So, here's how I picture it.

Earlier this year, a huge angel convention met in the Third Heaven – "Guardian Angel Conference 2011: Takin' It To The Streets." All the angels are flying around, talking excitedly, relating stories of their *successes*...

Except for one lonely angel sitting by himself at a table in the corner.

Several angels come up to him and try to start a conversation:


"Hey, Yd Obon, how's it going?" they say to him.

"It's going," he replies in a monotone.

"What seems to be the problem?" they ask.

"Well, it's just my human – Sharon. She's such a slow learner," he moans.

"Really?" says one of the taller angels. "My human is Billy Graham, and I don't think we've ever had that problem."

Yd sinks lower in his seat.

The angels, being good angels, sit down to talk with Yd. "Tell us all about it, brother. Maybe we can help."


So Yd proceeds to tell them all about my last year. Here's a few excerpts from his conversation:

"She always worries about stuff. Like everything. Where's her faith?"

"She has such low self-esteem sometimes. Why can't she see that she's a child – a CHILD, for Heaven's sake – of the King Himself?"

"She thinks she's too old to be of much use anymore."

Moses' angel interrupts. "Oh, I completely understand that one. Moses was a hard sell, too."

My angel continues:

"She doesn't pray often enough. I would love to carry her messages to Heaven. But she gets so distracted."

"She gets mired in her guilt sometimes over the past. Why can't she realize that the cross covered ALL of it?"

"She compares herself with others. It's so crazy. As if the Lord would create the same purpose for everyone. Doesn't she realize that He has something for JUST HER to do?"

"She gets so discouraged sometimes. Why can't she grab on to the hope she has? She's going to live forever with the Almighty – doesn't that mean anything to her?"

He finally just puts his head into his hands.

"Wow, Yd, you've got a tough situation there. We'll be thinking about you." The group of angels moves off.

Yd sits alone.

Finally, he becomes aware of someone else sitting down at the table.

He looks up.

Oh no – it's Him – Christos Himself. Yd frantically tries to sit up straight.

"Yeshua, it's an honor to have you stop by my table."

"Hello, Yd. I can tell that you're discouraged. Tell me what's going on."

And Yd pours out his heart to the Lord. He finishes with these weary words:

"I think Sharon's a lost cause, Lord."

Jesus smiles. He pulls up the sleeves of His tunic, and shows Yd his nail-scarred hands.

"I don't."

Yd and Jesus talk for an hour, and the Lord explains all about His love for this one, rather pathetic, human being…me.

Yd is encouraged…

…and I am blessed.


Jesus loves me, this I know.


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

12 comments:

  1. You have quite a vivid imagination. I dare say my guardian angel would be expressing the same sentiments are yours. Thank God that Jesus didn't count us out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying again.
    This is wonderful. I loved every single syllable. You bless me, Sharon, do you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sharon, good one. Yes, guess my angel would be expressing them self like that too. But like you I know Jesus loves me and I love Him and all the rest is and will be dealt with.

    God Bless Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing it is to have read this.. I know my angel would've been sitting right along side yours :) I am so happy that Jesus loves us all even when we are a bit slower, ask a thousand questions and even lack faith. We are so blessed.

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my...how I LOVE THIS Sharon... yours and mine (and quite a few guardian angles above)...
    (I want to write "ooo vai" here but have no idea how to spell it)!

    I so enjoy this! I can see this becoming a REAL BOOK! Breaking down all those individual angel comments about you as a new chapter... creatively expanded as only you can do... maybe if you keep it simple, it could be a great kid's book that even adults would want to READ! WOO HOO! And the final chapter with Jesus!!! WOW!
    But actually it's not the final chapter...

    This DELIGHTS my heart so much. And I love the conference title! Now I want an explanation of Yd Obon's name... I pronounced it many ways to try and figure it out.

    A wonderful piece of penmanship and creativity that shows your gift once again. I am so blessed by you and also that another dear gifted writer, Misty, has started dropping in to read (I hope you visit her blog and writings to see the truth in this. The link is just one recent example.)

    I will be speaking to my guardian angel and asking that our two communicate together regarding how you are far from a LOST CAUSE! I'm so glad that Jesus has spoken the truth. I am one of the ones that is so blessed by this. Yes, we are blessed!(aww, Misty wrote that too)

    Dreaming about angels today and doing alot of reading this week... catch up... and Kindle for PC new book and I'm still finishing the one on "Finding Grief..." but my eyes can't handle all this...too old...

    Love you and thanks for this glimpse of the heavenly JOYS,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twice the link to Misty did not work...sorry...
    here it is in long form

    http://www.notjustanyroad.com/2011/06/thankful-thursday-spirit-within-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guardian angel is darn lucky to have you - are you kidding girl - what are you thinking - if not - I can't imagine what mine thinks of me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one clever writer, girlfriend. I loved this. I totally get this....I'm going to put my angel to work.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, Sharon. You nailed it! Oh what a fun time our Angels must have had last Thursday debriefing our issues! We're in this together, friend, and don't you forget it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked how you wrote this, Sharon!! but I imagine our guardian angels would never be disappointed in us, but I think they see Jesus' eyes as he looks down at us and see his love and they know if he loves us, we are pretty darn special indeed!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon -

    Fight more to be rid of that which aims to devour you. Increasingly, wrestle the forces of darkness and win. Be more determined to defeat Satan's wiles, devices and dark movements. He won't stop unless we purpose to stop him. We can triumph if we steadfastly cleave to our Lord and DO what He commands to submit fully to Him and then, subsequently, we can successfully resist the devil.

    You are a precious treasure, dear lady of GOD. Please seek our Lord more in earnest for how to regularly conquer Satan's moves. Yes, we all have our moments of doubt...but we don't want to have more of them than is acceptable to our Lord.

    Satan loves when we remain in victim mode or visit that area too often. Self-pity is not a friend of GOD. Steadfastly, we are to be victors and more than conquerors, so says the Word of our Lord. We can do ALL things through Christ...!

    You expressed, "Doesn't she realize that He has something for JUST HER to do?"

    You are so needed, Sharon, for who you are in Christ and for what you so generously give to others. Give more to Sharon and fight for your life and for steady peace. Only then can you regularly triumph and consistently gain victories through Christ.

    Bunches of love to you, warrior lady of GOD!

    Prayer:
    Father, please help us all to think, say and do victoriously as Your Word commands. Help us to focus more on what we can do with You rather than what Satan is doing to oppose us. Lead us to places of confidence so that we can steadfastly go and glow in the name of JESUS.
    It is not about us, Lord. It is, above all, about You. Help us to consistently abide in You fully. Thank You, Lord - Amen

    Isaiah 26:3 - KJV
    Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, did any of you catch on to the name Yd Obon? Spelled backwards, it's "NOBODY" - :)

    Wanda - There are no "lost causes" with Jesus - only lost souls that He has caused to be re-born!

    Debbie - Aw, friend. Thank you. You will never know how much you bless me, too.

    Nita - All the rest is and will be dealt with - I don't think I could have said it any better.

    Misty - First of all, thank you for joining me on the journey! And yes, I couldn't agree with you more - we are tremendously blessed with a loving, and ever patient, Savior!

    Peggy - As always, your words bring me such encouragement. A book? That's a fun thought - I really will think about that. And yes, we are beyond blessed children of the King.

    Sandie - Your angel thinks you are a crack-up! Actually, between the two of us, me and you, we keep those angels busy!

    Mary - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed this little bit of fiction - with some truth thrown in!

    Tina - I will NEVER forget the joy of being teamed up. I wonder if our angels laugh as hard as we do??? I think they must. Their debriefing sessions must be a riot. And I happen to think that Jesus has a chuckle or two also!

    Betty - What a beautiful thing to say! I'd have to agree - our angels see those loving eyes of Jesus - the ones that died for us - and you're right - I think we must look pretty special.

    Sandra - I am so appreciative of your comment. You're absolutely right - I tend to look at the battle and the more negative side of things. But, I do NOT want to give the enemy any more time. I will seek the Lord more on battle strategy, and I will pray for more power to stand and fight. Thank you for your good word on that. I will fight for steady peace...and to claim the victory that Jesus has already won.

    What blessings I received here today from all of you. Thanks for reading something a little *different* from me. Appreciate that you guys understand - but also appreciate Sandra's words. Read them, it's a good message to all of us.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)