Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SCRIPTURE INTERPLAY

"As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God."

"I will never fail you, I will never abandon you." (Hebrews 13:5)

"I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?"

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God." (Hebrews 4:16)

"Day and night I have only tears for food, while my enemies continually taunt me, saying, 'Where is this God of yours?'"

"I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love…indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

"My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be…"

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." (Psalms 34:18)

"I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration!"

"Yet in the empty streets…there will be heard once more the sound of joy and laughter. The joyful voices…will be heard again, along with the joyous songs of people bringing thanksgiving offerings to the LORD." (Jeremiah 33:10-11)

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!"

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last." (Job 19:25)

"Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you…"

"Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given...his chosen ones." (Psalms 105:5-6)

"I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me."

"Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it." (Song of Songs 8:7)

"But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life."

"The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"'O God my rock,' I cry, 'Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?' Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, 'Where is this God of yours?'"

"But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD'S victory. He is with you…" (2 Chronicles 20:17)

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?"

"This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:9)

"I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!"

"But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)


(Dialogue taken from Psalms 42, New Living Translation, c. 2007)


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

9 comments:

  1. Amen! I loved the dialog Sharon!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for mt to print out and put in my Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah and many blessings Sharon... You started and ended with two of my favorite scriptures! The dialog in between were beautifully chosen and written... (but you don't get all that credit, just the choice of the perfect ones)! This takes such creativity and knowing of God and His Word... you are wonderful! I love your dialogues! Thank you for sharing them with us! I treasure these like the true gems they are... they sparkle with the tenderness of your relationship.

    Love and peace,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. I feel like this so many times. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dialog! Some of my favorites scriptures.

    As to Margie... we stayed in touch till college ended and then I lost track. I married a Texan, moved to Texas, and so it goes. I can't remember her married name. I would love to know where she is and what she is doing.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another inspiring post!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Now, I am going to read that Psalm in other translations to see how they put it. There are certain parts that I am dying to study.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon -

    That Isaiah 40:31- KJV is one of my favorites.

    Thank you for this encouragement, lady, scripturally speaking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello everyone!

    First of all, is there anything better than the Word of God?! I just love when it speaks to us.

    Betty - Dialogue with God is just the best. It's all about a relationship with Him - and as we know, relationships take communication!

    Sandie - His words in His Word - love it!

    Peggy - Such a kind comment, thank you. The Lord is speaking ever more to me - and I find that I hear Him more clearly when I interact with His Word. Reminds me of that song's lyrics: "He walks with me, and He talks with me, along life's narrow way..." (That was from "He Lives")

    Nikki - Yes, I love David for his raw honesty, his moments of deep despair, and his unflagging trust in God. He speaks to my heart - and of course, through his words, God speaks to me, too.

    Sonja - How fun that these were Scriptures that you were familiar with! I also had a great friend - and I lost track of her shortly after my son was born. I still haven't succumbed to Facebook - though my new friends are pressuring me to join, in a good way. Maybe I'll have to reconsider - it IS a good way to re-find people. Hmmm...

    Joan - Thank you. No greater inspiration than the Word of God.

    Debbie - Which parts? Now I'm dying to know what struck a chord with you.

    Sandra - Yes, Isaiah 40:31 is also one of my favorite passages of Scripture. And I can't tell you how many times that the wind beneath my wings was the power of the Holy Spirit.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)