Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"HOLY GHOST" WRITING

I love crosswords!

OK, to be more accurate...

W O M A N
A
C R O S S W O R D S
K
Y I K E S

Get the picture?!

I'm a little addicted to them!

It's just that I love words...They're like building blocks. With them you can paint pictures, create characters, evoke feelings, convey thoughts - they can be shaped and kneaded and cajoled into all sorts of communication! You can do so many things with them!

There's only one drawback to doing crosswords...

When you do one out of the newspaper, you have to be careful what you use to write on! Otherwise, you end up with all sorts of little newsprint letters all over...(it's even worse when I do Word Search puzzles - can you say, little circles everywhere?!)

I did something similar the other day - had a quick thought I just had to jot down or it would be a "goner." (I really miss my brain...) Anyway, rather than get up and get a tablet, I just grabbed a scrap of paper, and wrote out my thought on the top of my laptop.

This morning, when I got my coffee and sat down, I glanced at the laptop before opening it. And there, barely visible, were some letters.

I realized that I had inadvertently "scratched" a word into my laptop...GRRRR!

All right, it's hardly noticeable. The light had to be shining JUST RIGHT for me to see it, otherwise it's basically invisible. Even so, I tried rubbing it off -
no use!

But, it's OK...

You know WHY?

Because the little word scratched into the top of my laptop was...PRAYER!

Isn't that just too precious?!

It was like a message had come to me directly from God.

"Sharon, it's the same way the Holy Spirit works in your life. I have Him write My words in your heart - and then, when the timing is JUST RIGHT, I shine My light on them and the words become visible."

Have you ever felt that way?

Like you were doing the typing, but Someone else was doing the talking?!

THAT'S "HOLY GHOST" WRITING!!

"When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths." (1 Corinthians 2:13)

"...don't worry about...what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking - it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." (Matthew 10:20)

Oh Lord, what an honor and privilege to speak for You. May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, my rock and my redeemer...


BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

9 comments:

  1. Your post certainly brighten my day. THANK YOU!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I found you on Teresa's blog. I'm a puzzle lover and God lover too! I love the crytoquip and the jumble puzzle...

    Love your blog!

    Be blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,

    You hit a tater with this one my sister. There is nothing better I can experience than the Holy Spirit operating in my life to minister to others. As you say, "It is a privilege."

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be great if we all had 'prayer' nicely written on our laptops and spent a little more time doing THAT, instead of going crazy all over blogland! Love what you (and God) have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one too! Opening this blog is like listening to a good speaker or reading a devotional. You take an everyday event and shine a whole new light on it.


    The Holy Ghost writer did a GRRRRRReat job today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that! What a great word to have etched into your laptop! :) And I love the parallel to how the Word gets etched into our hearts.

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and blessing me by leaving a comment. It is a joy to meet you! :)

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this...amen to anointed Holy Ghost writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I call these times "God moments" - when we know without a doubt He is speaking to us. Keep up that Holy Ghost writing!

    Blessings and joy,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings Sharon, I came back to this one because it was mentioned at the end of the Leaky faucet and the title intrigued me.

    I really LOVE this! I know without a doubt that most of what you write is anointed and the Holy Spirit is speaking through you. At times, I sense Him take over also, I start out with one idea in mind and I go an entirely different direction. These Godly moments are irreplaceable.

    May His Holy Spirit continue to flow and write for us. May we give Him free reign to take over the keyboard!!! Glory to God!

    Your scriptures were perfect and oh yes Lord, it is a privilege and honor that we might be Your voice. The voice in the desert, the voice in the wilderness, the inner voice, the Voice of His Whisper... come Holy Spirit use us! Thank You for speaking through Sharon and confirming Your Word!

    Beautiful Sharon! Thanks...peace and JOY,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)