Thursday, August 5, 2010

SPIRITUAL "JAZZ HANDS"

OK, yes, I'm actually going to use "jazz hands" in a post about God!!

Impossible, you think?!

HANG ON!

First of all, if you don't know the concept of "jazz hands" let me explain. The following definition is found on Wikipedia:

Jazz Hands, in performance dance, is the extension of a performer's hands with palms toward the audience and fingers splayed. It is commonly associated with especially exuberant types of performance...

I personally think "jazz hands" are more impressive if you shake them around.

(FYI - a Google search on "jazz hands" brings up some pretty funny photos. I'm just sayin'...)

Here's the deal...sometimes God is JUST SO GOOD to me that I have to give Him some "jazz hands!!"

Lately, God is bringing me blessings that I'm pretty sure I don't deserve...but He's doing it anyway!

Here is a list of the things I'm thankful for, the things that have happened in the last month - the things that warrant spiritual "jazz hands" for God!

1. The courage to start this blog.

2. The words He's giving me to say.

3. The ability to learn new things - (I can't believe what I've learned how to do on this computer! This is TOTALLY the Lord's doing. Evidently, with the help of the Holy Spirit, you CAN teach an old dog some new tricks!)

4. ALL of the wonderful people I've met through this blog! Like YOU!

5. Your much-appreciated words of encouragement!

6. That I actually made it out of that 16-mile canyon/river hike I took in mid-July!

7. For my terrific, handsome, supportive husband...THANKS, Honey!

8. For my family - including my grand-dog, Marty, who I got to HUG on Sunday!

9. For my "Writer's Group" - L, J, and T...don't know what I'd do without you!

10. For wise and wonderful words from HIS WORD! (Like the alliteration, you English fans?!)

There are sooooo many more...but I thought you might want to read this post in one sitting!

So, for now - let's just lift those little "jazz hands" in praise for ALL the things our gracious God gives to us...EACH AND EVERY DAY!

C,mon...

I want to see all those "jazz hands" out in Bloggerland "waving for the Lord!"

YOU, TOO!!

BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

7 comments:

  1. YES, Sharon, YES! I love this post and so I'm waving my jazz hands at God in appreciation for your inspiriation.

    I am definitely going to share your "jazz hands" notion to the friends in my life who would "get it". If I knew you IRL, you would be one of those people. I'm positive.

    Waving at you with a little jazz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, me again. This reminds me of something my daughter and niece got the family doing. It's from the movie "Legally Blonde 2" where they put little praises in the "snap box" and then read the "snaps" aloud, snapping their fingers.

    My niece has the whole family saying "Snaps for God" and snapping our fingers when we notice Him doing something creative.

    She is going to totally love the jazz hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this ... BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

    and LOVE smooth jazz...so jazzy hands for God simply ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,

    I'm lifting my hands in praise for God's grace; a shower of grace is invigorating.

    Thanks for encouraging us to use our hands, and whatever else we can offer in praise to Him who loves us.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising Him with you....jazzy hands and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,

    So glad to meet you! Your blog home is refreshing!
    Love your list of blessings the Lord has put in your life--especially knowing how to do all this stuff on the computer. That's me. Learning by the day with the help of my oldest.
    I also read your profile and I like your acronym. Us mothers of grown children (mine are still at home) need an ID, too.
    Raising Jazzy hands to praise God for you, today.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon!
    I have just given you an award! Please come by and pick it up!
    http://www.wendygunn.net/2010/08/award.html
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    Faith's Firm Foundation
    www.wendygunn.net

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)