1. Me - first thing in the morning.
2. "The Hub" - first thing in the morning...Sorry, hon!
3. A slightly overweight cable guy bending over to "check a few wires."
4. An unknown bowl of "fuzz" in the fridge.
5. A COLEN ("Change-of-Life Empty-Nester") in a bikini.
6. OK, I'm just gonna say it...most NORMAL women in a bikini.
7. A Christmas fruitcake (sorry, all you people who bake or cook or do whatever it takes to make a fruitcake).
8. Mel Gibson's (or insert any celebrity) latest booking photo.
9. Trash at the beach.
10. The bottom of my trash can.
11. My hair the day BEFORE I get it colored (think skunk, 2-lane highway, 50-yard line, etc).
12. A dead spider in your sleeping bag.
13. A LIVE spider in your sleeping bag.
14. Me snoring - (it's an ugly secret - but it had to come out).
15. Gopher holes.
16. EVERYTHING on MTV!
17. Any casserole I "try" to make.
18. Camels - (I'm sorry...I just think they're weird-looking...and they spit).
19. "Pink Eye" - (I'm not sure where this came from...).
20. The replay of Joe Theismann breaking his leg (football fans will be wincing right now).
21. Most people's feet - think about it...
Here's something that shouldn't paint a pretty picture...
"By this time it was noon, and darkness fell across the whole land until three o'clock. The light from the sun was gone...[Jesus] said, 'It is finished' Then he bowed his head and released his spirit...Jesus shouted, 'Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!' And with those words he breathed his last." (From Luke 23 and John 19)
...but it's the most beautiful thing in the world!
"They found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. So they went in, but they didn't find the body of the Lord Jesus...Then the men asked, 'Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn't here! HE IS RISEN from the dead!'" (From Luke 24)
Only God could choose the worst "picture" of human cruelty - the cross - and turn it into the most beautiful symbol of Love ever known!
Praise God for His gracious "reversals!"
"The message of the cross is foolish to those headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the VERY POWER OF GOD. As the Scriptures say, 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent...This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength." (From 1 Corinthians)
P.S. For another "pretty picture" you might be interested in - check out my devotional "A LITTLE REMINDER" at Granola Bar Devotionals!
BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"