Wednesday, October 13, 2010

COMING HOME

Camping is great...but so is COMING HOME!

Did you know that God is working RIGHT NOW in our lives to prepare us for eternity?!

Before He left the disciples, He said to them, "In my Father's house are many rooms...I am going to prepare a place for you...When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."
(John 14:2-4)

How awesome!!

And God gives us the Holy Spirit as a guarantee, a seal on us, for that day.

When you go out to purchase a house, you look for many things. Everyone's list of what would make a perfect home is different.

When we bought our house, some 27 years ago, I KNEW the moment I walked in the front door - THIS WAS THE PLACE!!

It took some discussion at the time (the price was a LITTLE out of our budget) - but we made an offer, and it was accepted. We paid a down payment, waited through escrow - and finally, the house was OURS - our HOME!!

Let me tell you - JESUS paid the down payment, and our home is waiting for us in Heaven!

This time on earth is just the escrow period.

We believers have a home that is perfectly suited to us. It will be a home that can never be taken away from us - we will live in eternity with God. Our bodies will be swallowed up in life - and we will be released into perfect joy!

I like to watch a show called "Extreme Home Makeover." Each week, the show picks a very needy family, and they completely demolish their old house, and then they rebuild a brand-new, beautiful home for them.

There comes a point in the show when the host asks them if they would like to see their new home. The family opens the front door - and every week I am overwhelmed at their response. They cry with tears of joy, overcome with the knowledge that their old life is done, and now they can begin life anew.

THAT is the image I have when I think about my future HOME with God!!

Jesus paid the down payment, the Holy Spirit seals the deal - and God is waiting with the keys!



BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    The thought of coming home, living with Jesus is overwhelming; nothing in this life compares.

    "This time on earth is just the escrow period." -- My debt has been paid by the blood of Jesus. Hallelujah!

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great analogy! I'm so looking forward to that new home -- and I don't have to worry about something going wrong at closing. He's taken care of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon -

    And Hallelujah - no foreclosures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your analogy of purchasing your home to Christ having purchased ours in heaven. And that this is just the "escrow" period.
    And Extreme Makeover is one of my favorite shows--how great to compare it to our homecoming in heaven.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. MTJ - Yes, indeed! What a wonderful home God is preparing for us. And what a glorious homecoming we have waiting for us! My debt has been paid - HALLELUJAH!

    Glowin Girl - Thanks for stopping by! I like how you said there's nothing to worry about at closing. No hidden points or fees - EVERYTHING has been taken care of! AMEN!

    Sandra - LOL! I love how you continued the analogy! No foreclosures - we need never fear anything. The home is OURS, and it's just waiting for us!

    Janis - Glad you liked the analogy! I do love my "word pictures!" (Glad to hear you're a fan of Extreme Makeover - one of the few "feel good" shows on TV!) What a homecoming we can look forward to!

    I am reminded of that old song:

    Oh Lord you know, I have no friend like you
    If heaven's not my home,
    then Lord what will I do
    The angels beckon me from
    heaven's open door
    And I can't feel at home in this world anymore!!

    GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)