Saturday, October 23, 2010

QUAINT WORDS

Welcome to "Quaint Words!”

These posts will contain thoughts, poems, and prayers from old books that I have found at antique stores, flea markets, and garage sales (with an occasional treasure from a bookstore).

I love the rhythm and sound of the older English language, and am blessed by other believers who have gone before me!

(A listing of books and authors, and also dates of individual postings from those books, will be found on my "QUAINT WORDS" page)

"This way of seeing our Father in everything makes life one long thanksgiving, and gives a rest of heart...

Since, therefore, God is sure to have His own way concerning those who abandon themselves to Him in perfect trust, into what wonderful green pastures of inward rest, and beside what blessedly still waters of inward refreshment, will He lead all such!

If the will of God is our will, and if He always has His way, then we always have our way also, and we reign in a perpetual kingdom. He who sides with God cannot fail to win in every encounter; and whether the result be joy or sorrow, failure or success, death or life, we may under all circumstances join in the Apostle's shout of victory,

"Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ!"

(From "The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life" by Hannah Whitall Smith, c. 1888)



BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Thanks for coming by today and deciding
    to join my blog. We can follow Him now
    together.
    "The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life"
    has been a favorite of mine for years.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love you email address tow rite back to you - mine is skcz at comcast dot com.

    There are LOTS of sides to me. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, looks like this was "A Saturday for Sandy and Sandie!"

    Sandy - WELCOME! I'm so glad that you stopped by. And thanks for joining me on the journey - I LOVED how you put it - now we can follow Him together! I love this little book - it's just so simple, and so precious. It teaches me many lessons.

    Sandie - Will email you in the next couple days - it will be fun "chatting" some more. Oh yes, there are LOTS of sides to me, too!! (That either sounds promising, or a little scary!!! ;)

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)