Thursday, October 21, 2010

"REALITY" SHOW

Last week I FINALLY saw the movie “Inception” –

It was a very interesting movie…

Went out to lunch with “The Boys” afterwards to hash it over – it was a cerebral experience – confusing, ambiguous, open to interpretation. That, in itself, was surprising. For Hollywood – we have to use our brain? No gore, no swearing, no sex, no demonic activity, no throwing up (honestly – is this the latest “let’s make it REAL” gimmick?)

The movie was not religious, per se (it IS still Hollywood, after all) – but it raised this one question, which I think is absolutely pertinent to our world.

WHAT IS REAL?

The movie is a good launching pad for a discussion about the unseen world. We believers KNOW that it exists. It's where our battle lies:

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rules and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)

And I am convinced that what we do in THIS world, has tremendous impact on THAT world.

So, I’d like to share a poem I wrote several years ago, about the duality of our existence.

LIFE

There is more to reality
than the eye perceives
Truth unseen
skirmishes, struggles
epic battles
an age-old
confrontation –
A devil who lost
at the very beginning
still strives
with pride
to take all prisoners
in his long fall
from grace –
A God, our God
still waits
unfathomably waits
Victory already won
on a cross
long ago,
The Master Plan
unknown
yet
somehow unfolding –
Every day
we march into routine
never understanding
the ripples we make
in another realm
the mighty influence
our hearts wield
how tides are turned
by errant acts
or
thoughtful prayers –
Never give in
never give up
Hardships and pain
suffering remains
but never forget –

There is more to reality
than the eye perceives…

…life is not what it seems.

© Sharon Kirby
March 25, 2005


So, Warriors of the Word – FIGHT ON!

The battles won in this world, topple “enemy” soldiers in another!



BLOG = "Blessedly Leaning On God!"

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon -

    You have me ready to march in battle formation.
    That "warrior" language is so where the Lord has me...I have also written about warriors.
    Soon I will re-post...

    Your poem is compelling indeed. It was "visual" to me.

    And your last two statements, Wow!

    "So Warriors of the Word -FIGHT ON!"

    "The battles won in this world, topple "enemy" soldiers in another!" That could be on a plaque
    or mug...for display for others to read regularly...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    Loved the poem. I particularly like this:
    "we march into routine
    never understanding
    the ripples we make
    in another realm
    the mighty influence
    our hearts wield
    how tides are turned
    by errant acts
    or
    thoughtful prayers –
    "

    I've been away from home this week and each morning in my hotel room, I continue my practice of prayer, bible study and meditation. I have found myself steeped in prayer for others, be it family members, friends and others like you who blog.

    I'm thankful to God that through you, someone will find an encouraging word of hope, comfort and consolation.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that movie yet. I am so glad you visited my blog and that we are fellow followers. I think we have A LOT in common.

    It will be great to get to know you.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that last line, Sharon, life is not as it seems; very wise poem! I haven't seen the movie yet, will have to try to catch it soon! (By the way, you will just love Sandie - Chatty Crone; she's a sweetheart!)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poem. My favorite part is about Satan knowing he has lost yet trying to take as many down for the fall with him as he can.

    So very, very true!

    I don't see many movies until they are released on DVD. I think the last movie that I saw in the theater was "The Passion".

    Maybe not. Can't remember.

    Anyway, I'll remember that this got a good review from you as a thinking movie.

    I had my weekly Bible Study this AM. We got on this very subject. Interesting that I get online and here this is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is more to reality
    than the eye perceives…
    I love that line! Beautiful poem, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra - Yeah, I LOVE warrior language too! Glad you were inspired by this. Would love to read your post on warriors. Onward Christian soldiers!

    MTJ - Thank you so much. Your words are always an encouragement to me. And I appreciate your prayers. We can't fight without comrades by our side. Hope your week is going well - eagerly looking forward to more of your thought-full writing! (Glad you liked the poem.)

    Sandie - WELCOME!! Amen, sister - I think we DO have a lot in common. And I think we have a lot to say, too - don't you?! :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you also. (And I thought the movie was really good...)

    Betty - So glad you liked the poem, my friend. I have to remind myself all the time that there truly is MORE TO LIFE than what I see. Gives everything so much more meaning. (Still drizzling and raining - ugh!)

    Debbie - Oh, how pleased I am that you liked the poem! Satan really is a horrible enemy - only seeking to steal and kill and destroy. But, his day is coming...that victory has already been won. (Isn't it weird how often blogs/friends/Bible Study etc. all seem to be thinking and talking about the same kinds of things? God's "coincidences!")

    Anita - Glad you liked it! It's interesting that you liked that line - I can see where it might appeal to a photographer!!

    BLESSINGS, friends! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon...thank you for reminding me there is a whole world we don't see....a battle we're fighting that has nothing to do with what our eyes can see. I always forget so thank you thank you thank you for this reminder. Have a great weekend out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon -

    This a.m., I re-posted my "WARRIOR" piece.

    Also, "7 UP - QUIZUPS" was posted today, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah - I need to remind myself of this truth ALL THE TIME!! Glad that you were encouraged by the reminder! You have a great weekend, too.

    Hey Sandra - Heading on over there now!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)