Thursday, October 28, 2010

A LETTER TO GOD FROM MARTY

Dear Mr. God,

This is me, Marty the Beagle. I just have something to say to You…OK?

I think You are a pretty cool guy! I know that You made me, and You take care of me. Thanks for that.

But I have a few questions. How come people go around not wagging their tails? I mean, I’m happy every day. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s raining or if it’s sunny. I just like being alive. I’ve got water and food and toys and people to love me. And I’ve got You. So, I’m good. What else do I need? But people – it’s like they don’t even know You’re up there.

They walk around with their faces all scrunched up with worried looks. They like this green stuff, they call it money, really a lot. I don’t get it. It just looks like green paper to me (if I had the chance, I’d eat it just like I do the newspaper!) Why do they care about it so much?

They’re always rushing around in these machines with tires on them. Don’t they know that you can see so much more with your nose to the ground? Sometimes I hear one of them say, “Take time to stop and smell the roses.” I do that every day (along with all the other things I smell – I am a hound, after all!) Why are they always in such a hurry?

Then they wear all these fancy things called “clothes.” I know that their “people rules” include putting this stuff on. But I think they’ve forgotten their fur. You know, the particular colors that make them who they are. I’ve got three colors on me. Brown, black, and white. I think I look pretty awesome, because that’s how You made me. Why don’t they appreciate how You made them?

Just one more thing…cause I know You’re busy.

I like my life. I like it because You gave it to me, and You’re with me every day. I appreciate a bowl of water, a good feast of kibble, a lengthy nap, a cuddle with my people, a soft blanket, toys to chew on (it’s so much fun trying to get that squeaker thing out), and a couple of long walks a day. Why aren’t people thankful?

I think they think too much…about stuff that doesn’t really matter.

I think they feel too much…about stuff that doesn’t really matter.

Sometimes I don’t think they know You…and You’re all that really matters.

I don’t think they wag their tails enough.

I’ll go for now. I’m thirsty, and I see a fly I’m going to try to catch.

Thanks for listening…I just had something to say to You.


Your friend,
Marty the Beagle

P.S. Did I tell You that I think You are a pretty cool guy?!



ARE YOU WAGGING YOUR TAIL??

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him." (Romans 15:13)



BLOG = “Blessedly Leaning On God!”

8 comments:

  1. brilliant blog, thanks for sharing, God Bless - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon -

    How precious this is!

    Talk about putting things into perspective -
    yes indeed.

    Thank you, Sharon, and please thank Marty.

    THANK YOU, LORD, FOR DOG SPEAK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading out to wag my tail! Thanks for the reminder, Marty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this Sharon! I tell you, Marty is a very clever beagle!! He has great insight and wisdom!! truly you have the wisdom and insight, Sharon. Very wise words for us to ponder. I was thinking on this same line today; why do we put so much in front of God? Why don't we just put him first in our lives and live for him, for his glory, instead of rush, rush, rush, work, work, work, buy, buy, buy. My pastor is doing a great series on Enjoying God and the life He gave you. I think he would enjoy reading this letter from Marty.

    hope it is a good day for you Sharon :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. If shaking your booty is the same thing as wagging your tail, I'm in the Marty group.

    This is a great one today, Sharon! It is in agreement with my Bible study lesson this morning about praising and glorifying God for WHO He is and THAT he is and that He is ABLE to do abundantly great things no matter the circumstances.

    You know, kinda like wagging your tail.

    This is my favorite part:

    "But I think they’ve forgotten their fur. You know, the particular colors that make them who they are. I’ve got three colors on me. Brown, black, and white. I think I look pretty awesome, because that’s how You made me. Why don’t they appreciate how You made them?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the post, Sharon. It covers all the important reasons why we could be happy. Especially the cuddles part. But I wonder how many people are not getting enough cuddles to give them the love and happiness they need.

    I see children every day who could use a few more cuddles to help them realize how much they are loved by an Almighty Father, even if their earthly one is not there.

    For those of us who know the Lord, may we find our cuddles, living water, and the Bread of Life to keep us happy and wagging our tails.

    Loved the post. Thanks for the heads up.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello - another good one. And why is it you can go out and they say goodbye to you - and come back a minute later and they greet you. They always greet you and make you feel so loved.

    Unconditional Loved,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the end of my responses, Marty has a little word for you all!

    Nita - Thanks so much! Really glad you enjoyed it.

    Sandra - Dog speak is my favorite language! I'm seeing Marty tomorrow - I'll give him a hug from you!

    Anita - Good girl! Keep wagging along...

    Betty - Thanks so much. Marty inspires me. He is a clever beagle, but God uses his little life to speak to me so much. I don't know why it's so hard for us to keep God first. It's like we have spiritual ADD - Adoration Deficit Disorder!! Your pastor's series sounds wonderful. I need to be reminded (too often) just to enjoy life - the life God has given me.

    Debbie - Yes, I would have to say that shaking your booty is the human equivalent of dog-tail-wagging! (And I would love a picture of that - just sayin'...) God is the Giver of abundance - I must always remember that! And I could learn to thank Him for the "colors" He made me, too!

    Janis - Yes, it is such a sad, lonely world sometimes. And the children seem to get the worst of it, don't they? I'm going to make a concentrated effort to spread some more "cuddles" around - and let the world know how much God LOVES!

    Sandie - Thanks. Yes, that is one of the best things about dogs. They have short-term memory when it comes to their love. Sometimes I wonder if that's how God acts when I talk to Him - when I pray. "Oh good! It's you again! I'm SO HAPPY to hear from you! What's new?"

    Hey guys. It's me, Marty. Thanks for reading my letter! Mr. God is awesome, isn't He? I can tell that you are "tail-waggers" - and that makes me very happy! Always remember to love Mr. God, and love your fur, and love each other. I think that's about all that matters. OK, I'm going to go make a tent out of the blanket now. I'm sleepy.

    Love, your friend, Marty.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So [I] have been greatly encouraged in the midst of [my] troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives [me] new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How [I] thank God for you!" (1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!

(NOTE: Anonymous comments will be removed. Thank you for understanding.)